(25) USA – Keith’s Marilyn book made a surprise (but most welcome) leap up to the No.8 position in the ‘Best Sellers in Marilyn Monroe Biographies’ on Amazon.com.
(20) USA – The latest hot news on the movie, Good Ol’ Freda (on which Keith has been archive consultant) is that it’s nearing completion and, most incredibly, The Beatles’ company, Apple granted its producers permission to use four original Beatles tracks in the film, which is pretty much unprecedented for an independent film. Publicity for it is continuing apace, with mentions already appearing in The Hollywood Reporter and Rolling Stone.
Warmest congrats to the team behind the project, Kathy Peggy and Ryan. Well done to you all! Been a pleasure working with you. (The movie’s website can be found by clicking here)
(18) Amazon.com – Amazon in the States began taking pre-orders for the paperback edition of Keith’s book, Marilyn Monroe: The Final Years, which is set for release by St. Martin's Griffin on December 10, 2013. Btw, here’s one for the "It slipped through the net" department, a recent review of the publication from The Good Book Guide, "Based on hitherto unseen personal records, exclusive interviews and eyewitness accounts, this is the definitive, unvarnished and final word on the death of a legend." (Keith couldn’t have put it better himself.)
(13) Berkshire – Keith concluded his two-part David Bowie feature for Record Collector magazine with a piece about the singer’s 1978 London Weekend Show special, which focused on one of his June 1978 concerts at London’s Earl’s Court. (It will hit the shops in approximately 6 weeks’ time.)
(12) Berkshire – Keith helped celebrate and organise the 88th birthday celebrations for his most beloved mother, Kathleen. It was another top (highly emotive) day indeed.
On the same day, he (and no doubt, several hundred others) received this most delightful email from Deep Nishar, the Senior Vice President, Products & User Experience of LinkedIn, saying, "Keith, congratulations! You have one of the top 10% most viewed LinkedIn profiles for 2012. I want to personally thank you for being part of our community. Your journey is part of our journey, and we're delighted and humbled when we hear stories of how our members are using LinkedIn to connect, learn, and find opportunity. LinkedIn now has 200 million members. Thanks for playing a unique part in our community!" Mighty impressive, aye!?
(9) West London – A rash of birthday celebrations begin with top journo, Rob Meakin celebrating his 40th at a venue in London. A top night indeed for a top bloke!
(5) South London – A further trip into London for further discussions about some (rather exciting) future media-related plans. Watch this space for further details.
(2) North London – Life-long Gunners fan, Keith was once more at the Emirates to watch his beloved Arsenal beat Stoke City 1-0 (oh yes!). A nice catch-up meal with friend, Laurence, one of the country’s top property specialists followed. (Thanks again. Mate. Really enjoyed the day.)