(27) Italy – Still flying high. Keith’s book on the great actress was placed at n.18 in Amazon Italy’s “Kindle Store > eBook Kindle > Arte, cinema e fotografia > Cinema e television” section of the site.
- Canada – Ten days on and the American paperback version of Marilyn was seen pitched at the highly respectfully No.10 position in the “Hot New Releases in Biographies” section on Amazon Canada (some five and a bit months before its official release). As the day progressed, it climbed up to No.9.
(24 – 26) South Coast – After 19 months of trying, Keith’s “Peter Lawford” dream finally became a reality. (Those “in the know” will get this entirely and why he has chased this dream for so long.)
(23) Canada – Yep, it’s still there. On Amazon Canada today, the Marilyn book was seen at No.9 in the “Hot New Releases in Biographies” listing and at No.50 in the “Hot New Releases in Movies” chart. Cannot be bad!
(21) Berkshire – Keith met producer, Simon for further discussions about the proposed Marilyn TV/film idea. (Watch this space. More news soon.)
- On the same day, on the highly-respected Goodreads site, poster “Jane” rated Keith’s Marilyn book 5 out of 5. Her review was equally impressive, “The Author really did his research, and filled me in on information I had no idea about. Very descriptive and informative, and refreshingly objective. Many people pick a side when it comes to her death. This book set it straight with her alleged relationships with the Kennedy family, however made the air clear for you to make your own educated opinion on what happened. Many biographies on M.M seem only interested in painting her as a troubled mad woman, and the conspiracy of her death and Keith Badman does neither. Highly recommend it.” Thanks, Jane. Just cannot thank you enough.
(20) Canada – Still hanging in there! Two days on, and the softback edition of Keith’s Marilyn book was still in the No.4 position in the “Best Sellers in Monroe, Marilyn” chart. Meanwhile, in the “Amazon Bestsellers” listing, the publication (despite the fact it’s not due out for a little less than 6 months yet) was doing nicely in the No.52 position, one place below the book, Conversations with Woody Allen.
- While in the fabled, “Hot New Releases in Biographies” section, the paperback was still placed in the Top 10, sitting in the highly-presentable No.8 position (a fall from yesterday’s 7) and at No.37 in the “Hot New Releases in Movies” chart.
(18) Canada – Following a full 24 hours of being in the No.1 position, Keith’s Marilyn fell two places to No.3 in the “Amazon Hot New Releases” biographies section on Amazon Canada. Meanwhile, on the same site, the paperback version of the book was still placed at No.4 in the “Best Sellers in Monroe, Marilyn” chart.
- And it didn’t there. Oh no, sir. On the same day, the book reached the No.21 position in the “Hot New Releases in Movies” chart on the site.
(17) Canada – Incredible! Just under six months before its release (and bearing in mind that the work itself has been freely available in America and Canada for eleven months now), the paperback edition of Keith’s Marilyn book reached the No.1, YES, the Number ONE position, I reiterate the very top position in the “Amazon Hot New Releases” biographies section on Amazon Canada, beating new forthcoming titles on artists such as Michael Douglas, Al Pacino, Richard Burton, Marlon Brando, Brigitte Bardot, James Stewart and Corey Feldman! (The list, updated hourly, is based on an inventory of the site’s best-selling new and future releases.)
The good, nay truly superb news didn’t end there, Marilyn Monroe: The Final Years also climbed to the #4 and #5 positions in the “Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > Monroe, Marilyn” and (get this!) the “Best Sellers in Biographies” sections respectively on that same Amazon site. (“I reiterate. This was incredible!”) By the way, in the latter listing, Keith’s work was placed two spots higher than a book on comic-genius, Woody Allen and was actually beaten to the top spot by William Shatner’s biography, Get A Life. “You really couldn’t make it up,” as Keith proudly said.)
(15) Berkshire, evening – A return visit to Keith’s good friend, the star chef, John Barratt’s for dinner and fine conversation. A truly sumptuous fare (chicken, of course) was served to all. (“Pity his superb cooking isn’t available on prescription,” our Mr Badman was quoted as saying afterwards.)
(10) Berkshire – A small piece of fine-tuning on Keith’s Ray Manzarek tribute and it was done. Thanks to Jason at Record Collector for his superb assistance on this.
(8) Italy - In the “Posizione nella classifica Bestseller di Amazon: Visualizza i Top 100 nella categoria Libri Arte, musica e cinema > Cinema e television” libri listings on Amazon Italy, Keith’s Monroe book was to seen at the n.11 position.
Nice reviews: Thanks to Amazon customer, “Elsa” who took the time to write, “Compelling and intriguing if you love Marilyn's story (this) will give you new insights and ideas on her. Very good buy!” Also, to Michelle on the Goodreads site, the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations, who rated it 4 out of 5 stars and said, “Excellent book! Cleared up so many ‘conspiracy theories’. Loved this book!” Thanks very much to you both.
- Here’s a most pleasing and interesting fact. Statistics show an astonishing 93% of the reviewers of the book on Goodreads liked Keith’s work.
(6) South-Coast – For those who know Keith well, let’s just say today was the start of his, so-called often-talked about, frequently proposed, “Peter Lawford Project”. (Full of riddles yes, but for those familiar with him, you’ll know exactly what he means by this.)
(4) Central London – Provisional, yet extremely early work on Keith’s long-mooted Marilyn TV/film idea got underway with discussions between producer, Simon and his agent, Robert at the United Agents offices in London. (More hopeful news soon.)