(30) America – The month concluded with even more impressive chart action. On Amazon.com, Marilyn was at #6 in the “Books > Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” and at #44 in the “Books > Humor & Entertainment > Movies > Biographies” sections.
- Canada – While on Amazon Canada, it was at #7 in the “Hot New Releases” in biographies listing
(24 – 27) Liverpool – Keith, once more took control of the video show at Liverpool’s annual Beatles Convention, easily the biggest and best in the Fab Four-loving world! Many thanks to each and every one (long-time friends, loved-ones etc.) who was there to share the brilliance of this great weekend and to everyone at Cavern City Tours for making it all happen.
- The CCT sanctioned, CD-Rom, History Of Beatleweek, by author and good friend, Neville Stannard (and friends) and featuring a foreword by Keith, was released at the Convention... and every single copy was soon snapped up! (Best check eBay I reckon for a copy now.)
(21) Canada / America – STILL hanging in there! The paperback Marilyn was at No.7 in the “Hot New Releases” in biographies section on Amazon Canada. While on Amazon.com, that version of the book made a surprise leap to the #42 position in the “Books > Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” section of the site.
(20) Berkshire – Due to logistical problems, Keith was unable to fulfil a request to appear on BBC Radio’s The Anne Diamond Show.
(19) Berkshire – With the Bank Holiday fast approaching, Record Collector’s deadline was moved forward meaning Keith’s spent most of today researching/ typing his next Rockin’ column, which just happened to be The Beatles’ highly amusing, November 1963 Granada TV appearance with the comedian, Ken Dodd.
- Berkshire – Further work was also undertaken on the treatment for Keith’s new Marilyn Monroe-related proposal.
- Italy – The Kindle version of Keith’s Marilyn climbed back up to the N.9 position in the “eBook Kindle > Arte, cinema e fotografia > Cinema e television” section on Amazon Italy. While on Amazon Canada, the forthcoming paperback version of Marilyn was still to be found at the No.6 spot in the “Hot New Releases” in biographies chart.
(16) Canada – A rise of two places (from 8 to 6) for Marilyn in the “Hot New Releases” in biographies section on Amazon Canada.
- A small piece of urgent, last-minute fine-tuning and Keith’s article on the 1972 ATV/ ITV documentary, Whatever Happened to Tin Pan Alley for Record Collector magazine was finally ready for publication.
(14) Canada – Book chart news! The paperback edition of Marilyn stood at No.7 in the “Hot New Releases” in biographies section on Amazon Canada. The feat also marked the fact the, as-yet unpublished, softback edition has had an uninterrupted run of two straight months in the Top 10 of that listing.
(12) West End, London – Keith paid a visit to his agent, Robert Kirby at United Agents to discuss further their long-mooted Marilyn idea. More news soon.
(10) Berkshire – The latest edition of Record Collector, featuring Keith’s feature on What’s On from 1978, dropped through the letter-boxes of homes across the UK.
- A return visit to the fine bistro of John Barratt. Sumptuous chicken was (once again) finely served, alongside top conversation. Sheer delight!
(9) Canada – It’s all go there! In the “Best Sellers in Monroe, Marilyn” section today on Amazon Canada, Keith had two placings; the kindle version of The Final Years of Marilyn Monroe: The Shocking True Story was at No.5, while the paperback (USA/ Canadian) version of the as yet unreleased Marilyn Monroe: The Final Years stood at the No.10 position.
(7) South London – Keith caught up with old, long-time friend, Tel. Fine wine and conversations flowed effortlessly throughout the late afternoon/ early evening.
- While over on Amazon Canada, our Mr Badman added another number one to his belt when Marilyn climbed one place to the top position in the “Hot New Releases” in biographies section. (For the record, The Richard Burton Diaries was at No.2 while My Lunches With Orson (Welles) was at No.3.) At the same time, in the “Best Sellers in Monroe, Marilyn” listings, Keith’s book on the actress stood at the No.7 position.
(6) Canada – Well, you couldn’t make it up! Keith’s Marilyn’s sped-up the Amazon Canada book charts to the No.2 position in the “Hot New Releases” section. (“Thank you Canadians; you’ve obviously got great taste!”) Keeping it from the top spot was The Richard Burton Diaries. And it didn’t end there. Marilyn was also to be found in the No.8 spot in the Amazon Bestsellers “Best Sellers in Biographies” Chart (on Amazon Canada) that day and in the No. 4 position in the “Best Sellers in Monroe, Marilyn” category.
- While over in Italy, I kid you not, the Italian version of Keith’s Marilyn raced back to the n.1 position in the “eBook Kindle > Arte, cinema e fotografia > Cinema e television” Kindle Store and the n.5 spot in the “Arte, musica e cinema > Cinema e television” listings in the Libri (book) section.
(5) Berkshire – Keith completed his latest instalment of Rockin’ The Box for Record Collector magazine. Under the spotlight today, the wonderful, star-studded 1972 ATV/ ITV documentary, Whatever Happened to Tin Pan Alley.
(4) Canada – Amazon Canada update. Keith’s Marilyn was STILL in the Top 20, at No.15 in the “Hot New Releases” section. (It didn’t stay there for long, though!)