(31) Windsor, Berkshire - Keith met with the legendary 60s/70s photographer, Mike Randolph for another, rather fruitful project-related discussion. "Another step closer to getting the idea off the ground," our Mr. Badman said afterwards.
(30) Leafy Berkshire – Keith wrapped-up his first 3 Beatles files, intended for the book he's compiling with the group's only official biographer, Hunter Davies! Just one more to go.
-USA - Thanks to "Elaine te Meij" (in Florida USA) for her five-star review of Marilyn on Amazon.com. “The One and Only Marilyn Monroe,” she wrote. “Great book about my favorite screen star. Enjoyed it very much.” (Thanks Elaine!)
(28) Italy – On the rise again. The Kindle version of Marilyn was seen at n.23 in the “eBook Kindle > Arte, cinema e fotografia > Cinema e television” section of Amazon Italy.
-Leafy Berkshire - Further pre-production work on the new (as yet un-titled) David Essex movie.
(27) Leafy Berkshire – As work on The Beatles’ project draws to a close, serious pre-production work on the new David Essex movie, almost seamlessly makes a proper start. (Shooting of which, is set to begin in just 9 days’ time!)
- Amazon Canada - #3 in “Best Sellers” and #4 in “Most Gifted” in Marilyn sections of the site.
(26) UK – Thanks to “Ray Edwards” for his nice review of Marilyn (Kindle) on Amazon.co.uk when he described the work as “better than all the rest.” (“Thanks, Ray. Appreciated!”)
(25) Canada – Marilyn paperback was seen at #2 in the Amazon Bestsellers “Best Sellers in Monroe, Marilyn” category. It was also seen at #15 in the “Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Biographies” section of the site. (“Not bad, aye, for a book that first appeared four years ago!”)
-Leafy Berkshire – Work on the new Fab Four assignment almost reaches the end…
(24) Leafy Berkshire – Yet another day of frantic typing on the new Beatles project.
(22) Central London – David Essex pre-production meeting no.3, in London with director, Alan G. Parker. (“Coming along nicely,” Keith said.)
(18) Leafy Berkshire – Another frantic day of typing the new Beatles project.
-Canada – (Hardcover) Marilyn was at #1 and (paperback) #2 in the “Most Gifted” and “Best Sellers” sections respectively on Amazon Canada. How great was that?
(16/17) Canada – Marilyn (paperback) raced back up to the #2 spot in the “Best Sellers in Biographies & Memoirs, People, A-Z (M) Monroe, Marilyn” section of the site. It was also seen at #9 in “Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Biographies” and at #91 in the “Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Entertainers” listing. Plus #1 in most gifted (of course).
(15) Berkshire – BBC Written Archives – Keith visited the BBC in Caversham for research on the new Beatles / Hunter Davies project. (“Thanks to Jeff for his most invaluable help today!”)
-US/ Canada - And another! Yet another top, 5 out-of 5 review, this time on Amazon.com (hardback version). “I really enjoyed reading this book,” Maureen Wibbenmeyer wrote. “I really enjoyed reading this book. You can really have a lot of respect for Marilyn Monroe. Very much feel sorry for her and you just never want to get to the part where she dies. Loaned it to a friend and she loves the book.” Three excellent reviews in 3 days! Cannot be bad. Thank you all!! Also today, yep, still there, Marilyn (hardback) was still there, in the Top Spot in the “most gifted” in Marilyn section on Amazon Canada.
(14) UK – Yet another top review! Thank you, ‘Ms f ap Robert’ for your five-star rating of Marilyn on Amazon.co.uk. “Great,” she wrote. There’s been 13 reviews of it on the site, so far, 12 have been either 4 or 5 star ratings! Also on Amazon.co.uk today, Marilyn could be found at #99 in the Kindle “Books > Biography & True Accounts > Arts & Literature” listings.
(13) US- Goodreads – Thanks to ‘Autumn’ for her 5-star review of Marilyn on the book-lovers, Goodreads site. “Loved it!!,” the person said, “a ton of information that I completely trust as being accurate. it gives a sense of mystery as well that keeps you interested.” Thank you, very much indeed! 92 per cent of people liked/ loved the Marilyn book!
-Canada – Goodness. Still there…#1 in the “most gifted” in Marilyn section on Amazon Canada.
-Leafy Berkshire – Research on the new, rather exciting, new Hunter Davies, Beatles Book neared to a close.
(9/10) Leafy Berkshire – A hive of activity as Keith carried-out dual work on the new Beatles and David Essex projects.
(8) Covent Garden, Central London – Keith attended the third, David Essex pre-production meeting, which included director, Alan G. Parker and the truly great man himself, Mr. Essex.
(7) IMDB – Keith was spotted in the No.16 position in the “most popular born in Slough” chart.
(6) Canada – Stunning! You really could not make this up; Marilyn #1 (hardback), #4 (softback) in the “Most Gifted in Monroe, Marilyn” section on Amazon Canada. Also on this day, the Italian Kindle version was also to be found at n.97 in the “Arte, cinema e fotografia > Cinema e television” section on Amazon Italy.
-Leafy Berkshire - Another extremely busy day of Beatles research.
(4) Leafy Berkshire – Return visit to the world-famous, highly-desirable, book well-in-advance, Barratt Bistro. “Wunder-bar!” Keith screamed as he left the building in the early hours of the morning. “Yet another night of riveting conversation and extremely delicious food,” he said, before adding, “it was dining at its very best!”
(3) Leafy Berkshire – The latest issue of Record Collector thundered thru letter-boxes of subscribers across the country, and featured Keith’s piece on the 1969 Newcastle Arts Festival.
(2) Leafy Berkshire – Concluding research on the Beatles project.
(1) Leafy Berkshire – The month began with more research work on the new Beatles project.
-“Thanks, Hunter!” Keith received his copy of the new Hunter Davies “Beatles Lyrics” book. “It’ a superb read,” Keith declared. “A Christmas must-buy, for sure.”
-And yep, it’s still there! Keith’s Marilyn (hardback edition) was still at #1 in the “Most Gifted in Monroe, Marilyn” section on Amazon Canada, while the softback version was to be found at #3 in the same chart.
-And thank you, “nitram” for your Five Star review of Marilyn (kindle edition) on Amazon.co.uk. “great reading,” he said.