(23) Germany – Looking further afield, on Amazon in Germany, the US version of Keith’s book, Marilyn Monroe: The Final Years was interestingly to be found at Nr. 84 in the “eBooks > Fremdsprachige eBooks > Englische eBooks > Unterhaltung & Kultur > Filme > Geschichte & Kritik” kindle shop on the site.
(22) England – What was the name of DJ, Mike Read’s first UK TV pop music quiz series? You’d be forgiven for thinking BBC TV’s Pop Quiz, but in fact you’d be wrong. It was ITV’s Pop Quest and you can read all about it in the latest edition of Keith’s Rockin’ The Box in the current edition of Record Collector magazine, which was published today.
(20) Marilyn certainly lives on! Almost 51 years after her death, in a study commissioned for the launch of Peugeot’s new RCZ car, the late great screen siren was voted “Queen of the Curves”, beating modern-day stars such as Kelly Brook, Kim Kardashian and Mad Men’s, Christina Hendricks to the crown. Keith was a guest on two BBC radio phone-in shows this morning to talk about the accolade.
(17) Canada – Impressive pre-orders on Amazon Canada meant that the paperback version of Marilyn Monroe: The Final Years (not officially released until December) was seen at the #25 spot in the “Books > Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” section of the site.
- While on the same day, on Amazon in Italy, the Italian-language version of the book stood at the n.32 position in the Kindle “Arte, cinema e fotografia > Cinema e television” chart on the place.
(16) Gale, CENgage Learning, Toronto, ON, Canada – editing and fine-tuning of Keith’s entry in the forthcoming edition of Contemporary Authors (CA) took place. (Thanks Sarah for your invaluable time on this.)
- Precisely 9 months after its release, Marilyn Monroe: The Final Years remained in the Macmillan Top 100 Hardcover Bestsellers chart (as featured on their website www.usmacmillan.com)
(12) Berkshire (evening) – Another catch-up and dinner-rendezvous with his long-time pal, and former business associate, John Barratt, easily one of the South’s very finest chefs. (“Thanks again, John for another top night. Your expertise in the kitchen was, once more astounding.”)
(11) Book plug time! Keith was approached by Leslie Woodhead, the brains behind Granada TV’s legendary, August 1962 film of The Beatles live in the Cavern Club. His new book on The Fab Four, Beatles in the USSR is to be published by Bloomsbury in London and New York on April 25. It’s certainly worth checking out!
(10) Germany – Marilyn-mania continues! In the Amazon Bestseller-Rank in Germany, the English- language (US) version of The Final Years was at Nr. 40 in the “Kindle-Shop > eBooks > Fremdsprachige eBooks > Englische eBooks > Unterhaltung & Kultur > Filme > Geschichte & Kritik” section on the site.
- While on Amazon in Italy today, the Italian-language version of the publication stood at n.22 in the “Kindle Store > eBook Kindle > Arte, cinema e fotografia > Cinema e television” section on the site.
(9) America – Important movie documentary tip-off! Keith was approached by Amanda Sileo who furnished him with further details of the new Marilyn documentary, Love, Marilyn which debuts in America on HBO on June 17. “Directed by Liz Garbus (the Press Release states), Love, Marilyn is based on the book Fragments; writings, musings, diaries and journals of Marilyn's are read and interpreted by a variety of highly distinguished actresses. Each one with their own story as to why they chose to do this project, connecting to her words and relating to the complexities and kaleidoscope of sides that was Marilyn Monroe.” The movie certainly looks most promising indeed.
(8) Berkshire, England – Our Mr Badman prepared his latest piece for Record Collector magazine. This time, a tribute to the former Soft Machine member, Kevin Ayers, who sadly passed away back in February. Under the microscope was his July 1976 appearance on Granada TV’s, So It Goes, which was hosted by the legendary, much-missed, Tony Wilson.
(4) South London – Another trip into the City, the South of, to be exact, to have another meeting with his long-time associates, Tel and Chappers. More things were discussed and ideas formulated.
(3) LinkedIn – Keith reached the magical 200 mark in Connections on the world’s largest, social networking website for people in professional occupations. Thanks to Tim Disney, Managing Director at Rediffusion Films Limited for helping him reach that landmark connection.
(2) Gale, CENgage Learning, Toronto, ON, Canada – With immense pride indeed, Keith was informed that a place had been reserved for him in the next edition of Contemporary Authors (CA), the worldwide, award-winning, biographical reference source of approximately 116,000 popular, modern-day novelists, poets, playwrights, non-fiction writers, journalists and scriptwriters. (Thank you very much indeed, Sarah for the invitation.)