(27 - 31) Leafy Berkshire – Another day of extensive research on the new, officially endorsed KISS-movie! Work on which continued for the remainder of the month.
- USA – Another Top 20 position! A rise of two positions for Marilyn, who was to be found at the no.19 position in the Macmillan “Bestselling Paperback” charts.
(25) Leafy Berkshire…to the World – Official announcement, via webmistress, Anne Marie and his website, of Keith’s involvement, as Chief Archive researcher on the Officially endorsed, new KISS Movie, You Wanted The Best, You Got The Best. For the UK-side of things, he will be working with the (Monty Python, Status Quo etc.) director, Alan G. Parker, producer, Alexa Morris and (Dr. Who) editor, Ceres Doyle. It is Keith's second big assignment of the year… the other being a major one concerning The Fab Four!
(24) Central London, Editing Studio – meeting for an exciting new movie! All will be revealed tomorrow!
(23) USA – On the Amazon Best Sellers Rank, Keith’s paperback Marilyn was seen at #9 in the “Books > Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” section of the site.
(22) South London – Another catch-up over a few glasses of wine with Keith’s dear, long-time mate, colleague, confidante, Tel.
(20 & 21) Leafy Berkshire – Work on this rather exciting “movie” project gets underway properly over these two days, which meant an abundance of emails and phone calls. Not to mention the highly exciting, unrelated Beatles project which is concurrently going on at the same time. (“All go here!” thankfully.)
(19) USA – Marilyn was still at the no.21 position in the Macmillan “Bestselling Paperback” charts.
(15 - 17) Leafy Berkshire – head was down for some serious, Beatles-related typing. It carried on for three straight days, until Friday, January 17.
(14) Central London – meet-up with film producer, Alexa Morris. A most interesting discussion about an exciting new project was the topic of the day. More news soon! A further meet-up was pencilled-in for Friday of the following week. Also, a big hello to the X-Factor television presenter, Dermot O’Leary, who Keith encountered prior to his meeting.
(13) USA - Another leap up the listings. Marilyn climbed to the no.21 position, up from no.25 position, in the Macmillan “Bestselling Paperback” charts.
- Work concluded on his latest RC article.
- Keith was also saddened to learn about the most untimely death of the editor, Andy Mathews, whom he worked with on The Beatles’ Anthology series. “He was a pleasure to operate with,” Keith recalled, “and most eager to answer my questions and share his experiences of the series with me.”
(10) Canada – Well, it had to happen. The paperback version of Keith’s Marilyn finally fell out of the Amazon Canada Hot, “best-selling new and future releases” in biographies listings; and thus marked the end of an uninterrupted 29-week run in the Top 5, 10 or 20 charts on the site.
- Leafy Berkshire – Work began on Keith’s latest Record Collector Rockin’ piece; the one-off LWT/ITV show, What The Butler Saw, from 1974.
(7 – 9) Leafy Berkshire – Three more days of serious, heavy-duty typing on his new Beatles adventure.
(6) Leafy Berkshire – The first serious workday of 2014. Keith spent the hours carrying out further research on his forthcoming, rather interesting Beatles project. More news soon!
(5) USA – Oh yes! Another big race up the listings when Marilyn leaped to the no.25 position in the Macmillan “Bestselling Paperback” charts, climbing sharply from the previous week’s no.86 position.
(3) UK – Many thanks to “Sleepless in Stonehenge (England)” for his/her 4 out of 5 stars review of Marilyn on Amazon.co.uk. “Very good,” they wrote. “This is the first biography I’ve read about Monroe… Seems very thoroughly researched and in no part surprising.” A very Happy 2014 to you, Sleepless in Stonehenge!
(4) Canada – Marilyn stood at the #3 position in the Amazon Hot New, “best-selling new and future releases” in biographies section on Amazon Canada, and thus marked an uninterrupted 28-week run in the Top 5, 10 or 20 charts on the site.
(1) Leafy Berkshire – A very Happy & Prosperous New Year to you all!