(30) West London – Keith travelled to Hammersmith, West London to catch-up with his old pal, the comedy and Queen DVD / Blu-ray producer, Simon Lupton. A number of rather exciting, forthcoming projects were once more discussed and plans were formulated. Once again, more news soon!
(29) South West London – With work on the movie, The David Essex Story gaining pace, our Mr Badman journeyed out to the world famous Twickenham Film Studios to discuss archive matters on it with the movie’s director, Alan G. Parker. (Update: Keith saw a rough-cut of it and it’s certainly looking good!!)
(27) South East London – Keith began three days of highly important film/TV meetings by travelling out to Surrey Quays to meet Rob Caiger, the music producer and consultant on bands and projects such as the Small Faces, ELO, The Move, The Faces, The Drifters etc. etc. etc. A number of rather exciting projects were discussed. More news soon!
(21) Leafy Berkshire – Besides having a lengthy conversation with the noted film director, Alan G. Parker, Keith also continued with some additional fine-tuning to his contribution to the forthcoming, rather exhaustive, Hunter Davies Beatles Encyclopaedia, which is set for release in mid-2016.
-Meanwhile, also today, our Mr. Badman climbed to the no.16 position in the “Most Popular People Born In Slough/ England/ UK” chart on IMDB. Sill in the top spot; the popular singer/ actor/ entertainer, Tracey Ullman.
(17) Leafy Berkshire – “You gotta pay your dues, if you wanna sung the blues.” Keith filed and submitted his annual HMRC tax returns…and he was happy to do so.
-The Italian Kindle version of Marilyn was still sitting pretty on Amazon Canada; n.24 in the “eBook Kindle > Arte, cinema e fotografia > Cinema e television” section of the site.
(16) Leafy Berkshire – Keith was among the mourners at Slough Crematorium for the funeral of the great, Edward (Eddie) Quarterman. “He was a lovely, genuine man,” he said afterwards. “I’m so glad I got to know him, and his family, over the last 3 years of his life…he’ll be sadly missed by all.” (Eddie was the brother of the rather famous, highly flamboyant brickie, Max Quarterman who, in the 1970s became known as "super-hod" for the ground-breaking, speedy way he built houses.)
-Goodreads website – A nice review of Marilyn by “James” appeared on the site. He described it as a “Comprehensive, engrossing narrative of the tragic star's last days.”
(14) Leafy Berkshire – Just when it looked to be done and dusted, Keith carried-out some extra, ultra-fine-tuning on the forthcoming, rather exciting, Hunter Davies/ Beatles Book project.
- UK TV / Europe - Later that night, at 10pm UK time, BBC2 transmitted (for the first time in the United Kingdom) the 2-hour documentary, The Dave Clark Five... And Beyond which featured Keith's two, 2001 interviews with the group's lead singer, the wonderful, late great, Mike Smith.
(10) UK –Keith once again found himself in the no.24 position in the “Most popular people born in Slough” category on the world-famous IMDB site.
(8/13) Leafy Berkshire – Time for another Rockin’ The Box piece for Record Collector magazine. This time, a tribute to the legendary Blues singer, Joe Cocker, who sadly passed away on December 22 last year. The show in question? The short-lived, January 1993, Music Box/ Yorkshire ITV programme, Musical Routes.
(7) Canada – Marilyn continued to make the news when the hardcover version of it climbed back up to the #16 position in the “Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” section of (good ol’) Amazon Canada.
(6) Italy – A cracking day on Amazon Italy when (after a four-month gap) Marilyn returned to the n.4 position in the “Kindle Store > eBook Kindle > Arte, cinema e fotografia > Cinema e television” listings as well as the n.45 spot in the “Libri > Arte, musica e cinema > Cinema e television” and n.85 in the “Kindle Store > eBook Kindle > Biografie, diari e memorie > Biografie e autobiografie” sections of the site.
(5) Canada – Readers on that site push Marilyn (hardback edition) back up to the #12 position in the “Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” section.
(1) UK – A very Happy New Year to everyone! And what a great start when Kindle reader, Mrs. H. Macdonald of Scotland posted a five-star review of Keith’s Marilyn book on Amazon.co.uk. “Everything i expected it to be,” she wrote.