(29/30) Leafy Berkshire – Record Collector deadline day loomed large again when Keith penned / compiled a piece on Monkee, Davy Jones’s rarely-covered June 11 1968 trip to Manchester’s former Belle Vue Zoo & Gardens to leave his mark in their (short-lived) ‘Walk of Fame’.
(26) Leafy Berkshire – Mega busy day preparing proposals and setting the wheels in motion on two new, rather illustrious projects; one involving Mike Randolph and his Rolling Stones Rock And Roll Circus images, the other, a TV idea circling around the legendary DJ, Dave Cash and some of his former colleagues. (A rather pleasant chat with the latter was also had this morning.)
- Canada – A rush in sales meant that the softback version of Marilyn climbed back up to the #2 position in the “Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” section of Amazon Canada. While on the same day, on the same site, the paperback version was also spotted at #10 in the “Most Gifted in Monroe, Marilyn” listings.
(23) Canada – On Amazon Canada today, in the “Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” section of the site, the hardback version of Marilyn was spotted at #21 and the softback at #35 It didn’t end. In the “Most Gifted” in Marilyn section, on the very same day, the softback version was placed at #9 while the hardback was at #16.
(18) America – Well, here are some fascinating statistics, found today on Amazon.com. Keith’s Marilyn was spotted at #5122 in the “Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Actors & Entertainers” section, at #5290 in the “Humor & Entertainment > Movies > Biographies” and at #6457 in the “Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Women” listings.
- Keith also had a most interesting conversation with Mr. Dave Cash today. ("The mooted project is moving along quite nicely, thanks, in case you're wondering.")
(16) America – Thanks to “Rebecca Cruzon” for her four-star review on Marilyn on Amazon.com. “Very interesting and down to earth,” she wrote.
(12) Canada – Well I never… too pleased for words. The paperback version of Marilyn suddenly returned to the #1 position in the “Best Sellers in Monroe, Marilyn” section on Amazon Canada. “Unbelievable,” Keith screamed. And on the same day, on the same site, the same softback edition was at #5 in the “Most Gifted in Monroe, Marilyn” listings. “Wonderful, just wonderful, thank you, Canadians.”
(09) Italy – The Kindle version of Keith’s Marilyn, Gli ultimi giorni di Marilyn Monroe: Le relazioni pericolose, le trappole, il presunto suicidio: tutta la verità sulla fine, was spotted at n.22 in the “eBook Kindle > Arte, cinema e fotografia > Cinema e television” section of Amazon Italy.
(6) Leafy Berkshire - A most welcome, return visit to the fine diner, Barratt’s Bistro. "Top food, delightful conversation... what more can you ask for?"
(5) Leafy Berkshire - Work on the new Odeon Entertainment, Beatles programme moved-up another notch today, when Keith placed a call thru to Freda Kelly... who just happened to be relaxing on holiday. ("Thanks, Freda, you're a star!")
(4) South East London – Keith travelled to the Westminster Live Studios, on the Albert Embankment to tape an interview for the new Beatles documentary, which is being produced by Alan Byron for Odeon Entertainment.
(1/3) Leafy Berkshire – Mr Badman penned / compiled his latest Record Collector article; a tribute to the late, great, sadly missed Hot Chocolate singer, Errol Brown.