(31) The sad death of DJ, broadcaster, Terry Wogan was announced. Keith had the fortune of meeting him in July 1973 when he opened the new Sperrings stationary, gift shop in Slough High Street. "He signed my Slade, Skweeze Me, Pleeze Me sticker that day," Keith fondly recalled.
(30) Italy – Another superb, five-out-of-five review of Marilyn, this time by “DaMILENA” was placed on Amazon Italy.
(27/28) Leafy Berkshire – Two days spent developing and researching the new, rather exciting project with Laurence and, on this day, more work was carried-out on the new Cavern club book. “All go here, ya’ know.”
(26) Leafy Berkshire – Keith submitted his annual tax returns. “Yippee all round,” he screamed.
(25) Liverpool – It was announced that Monkee, Micky Dolenz will be one of the star guests at this year’s Liverpool Beatles Convention and with Keith (a long-time fanatic of the group) in contention to (once again) run the video show at the event, he was one very happy chap indeed!!
(24) USA – Many thanks to “TECon” for their Five-Star review of Marilyn (hardcover version) on Amazon Canada. “Excellent book!” he/ she wrote.
(21) Leafy Berkshire – Massive day of catch-ups and initial work on a new project discussed with Laurence one day earlier.
- Canada – Marilyn (paperback edition) suddenly climbed to the #2 position in the “Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” section of Amazon Canada. In the same chart, on the same day, the hardback version was to be found at #18. Meanwhile, the softback was also seen today in the #6 position in the “Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Biographies” section of the site. Nice one!
(20) West / North London / Leafy Berkshire – Yet another (thankfully) crazy day with a lunchtime meet with one of the country’s top property buyers/ developers, Laurence and then an evening catch-up with one of Keith’s longest-ever friends, Daniel J.
(19) Leafy Berkshire – Another frantic day, with work involving the David Essex movie, Cavern club book and the clearance of songs for use on the forthcoming Brian Jones flick.
(18) Leafy Berkshire – Crazy day; with discussions / telephone plans involving a project with radio legend, Dave Cash, the new David Essex movie, and the forthcoming, high-quality Stones’ Circus and Beatles live ’66 publications.
(Week prior to 15) Leafy Berkshire – More fine-tuning on the Cavern text as well as (would you believe) additional editorial work on the forthcoming Hunter Davies / Beatles Encyclopaedia.
(9) Canada – Get this. In the Amazon Bestsellers Rank, the paperback version of Marilyn suddenly climbed to the #2 position in the “Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” section of the site. On the same day, same site, it was spotted at #46 and #320 respectively in the “Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Biographies” and “Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Entertainers” sections.
(5 – 7) Leafy Berkshire – Further work on the deluxe, limited Edition Cavern club book when fine-tuning of the text took place.
(4/5) Leafy Berkshire – A return to work! Welcome to the New Year. RC’s Rockin’ The Box deadline loomed large on the opening day; first up, Rod Stewart’s 1973 appearance on ITV’s Russell Harty Show.