Thursday, 14 April 2016
December 2015 "Everywhere It's Christmas!"
(30) Europe – Latest edition of Record Collector arrived at homes/ businesses / subscribers across UK / Europe… 2015 is now pretty much over. Here’s to 2016!!
- Leafy Berkshire – Even more fine-tuning of the Cavern club text…
(29) Italy – Amazon Italy Marilyn (kindle version) had climbed to the n.106 position in the “Arte, cinema e fotografia > Cinema e television” section on the site.
(28/29) Leafy Berkshire – With Christmas still being celebrated, Keith spent two days tidying-up/ wrapping the final draft text for the Cavern club book.
(25) Christmas Day – Leafy Berkshire – The big day arrived. Keith spent it with his beloved Mother, Kathleen. The finest anyone could ever wish for… A big "Thank you to the staff, Nurses and carers for helping to make this day so memorable."
- A big "thank you" must also go to the legendary DJ, Dave Cash who, at approximately 9:41 on Christmas Day morning played for Keith's Mum, one of her favourite-ever Festive songs, Johnny Mathis' 'When A Child Is Born'. "Cheers, Dave, you are a top chap indeed. Thank you, from both of us."
(23) BBC Radio – With The Beatles’ catalogue about to go on streaming for the first time, Keith was asked to talk about it on The Paul Ross Show. During which, Paul to Keith, “If I go on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, will you be my Phone-A-Friend?” “Of course, I will,” Keith replied.
(21) London – Meeting in Wandsworth between Keith, director, Alan G. Parker and producer, Alexa Morris. Several, exciting new projects were discussed and placed firmly in the 2016 pipeline, so watch this space. Afterwards, a hastily-arranged trip to the Emirates to watch Keith’s beloved Arsenal beat Manchester City 2-1 in the Premier League. Yay!
(18) Leafy Berkshire – Time for another catch-up with the producer, comedy legend, Simon Lupton. The hours whizzed-by before a trip to Pinewood Studios was made, where shooting of the new series of Red Dwarf was taking place.
(14) UK – Looking outside the top of the charts, on Amazon UK, Marilyn was at #208 in the “Biography & True Accounts > Arts & Literature > Actors & Entertainers” in the Kindle store.
(13) UK – Wow! Another 5.0 out of 5 review of Marilyn (Kindle version) by someone called “Amazon Customer” was placed on Amazon UK.
(12) Berkshire – Another trip out to John Barratt’s fine bistro. Fine food and top conversation was the order of the evening here.
(11) Gillingham, Dorset – Keith jumped on the train to attend more location filming on the new Pirate Radio documentary. The plan today, to interview the legendary DJ and broadcaster, Johnnie Walker. “What a superb day and host. A legend,” Keith said afterwards. (See pic in photo session.)
(8) Windsor – Another trip to Queen Country for another 1:30pm meet with the legendary snapper, Mike Randolph.
(7) Canada – Marilyn (paperback) was still, “Temporarily out of stock” on Amazon Canada.
(4) Canada – Thanks to Patti Burrows for her five-star review of Marilyn (paperback version) on Amazon Canada. On the same day, same version was at #7 in the Marilyn Best Sellers listing.
- BBC Four premiered I’m Not In Love, the long overdue documentary story of the mega pop group, 10cc. Featured in which was an interview with Sir Tim Rice and, once more, Keith’s 1999 book, The Beatles After The Break-Up was seen near him in his sequences. “He’s obviously got great reading taste.”
(3) Canada – In a rush to Christmas, the paperback version of Marilyn temporarily out of stock on Amazon Canada.
(2) London – Keith, and guest, friend Gemma Williams was in attendance at Proud Gallery’s private, Sinatra at 100 exhibition party.
(1) UK – Marilyn was spotted at #53 in the “Books > Biography & True Accounts > Arts & Literature > Actors & Entertainers” Kindle store on Amazon.co.uk.