(31) Leafy Berkshire / USA – Normality returned to Keith’s life when the last of his American guests flew back to the States.
- Leafy Berkshire – Back to work, and another Record Collector Rockin’ article to prepare. This month, another look back at ITV’s long forgotten music series, The Geordie Scene from 1974.
(27- 30) Liverpool, England – Another, most enjoyable trip to Liverpool, for the annual Beatles Convention, hosted and run by Cavern City Tours. It was also the first time in 30 years that Keith did not present the video show. Meeting friends such as Steve, Bob, Neville, Steve, Gloria and (of course) Anne-Marie, amongst many, many others, it was a most enjoyable 3-days.
Quite possibly, the highlight of which came on the final day, August 30, when (at approximately 3:40pm) Keith had the privilege of meeting one of his ultimate, all-time heroes, The Monkees’ drummer/ singer, Micky Dolenz in the dressing room of the Cavern Live Lounge. “What an absolute delight to meet him again,” the first being in Reading, Berkshire back in 1989. Keith was also in the audience to watch Micky’s superb performance at the club shortly afterwards. After which, and with his head still spinning, he climbed aboard his train, with friend Mr. Boyer in tow, and headed back to Sunny Slough… to see his dear Mum.
(25) Leafy Berkshire – The build-up to the annual Beatles Convention in Liverpool begins when the first of Keith’s three American guests arrive at Chez Badman.
(20) Canada – The story continued. Quite possibly the greatest day in Keith’s Marilyn sales history when, on Amazon Canada, in the “Best Sellers in Monroe, Marilyn” chart the hardback was at #1, paperback at #3, (another) hardback version at #4 and the kindle version at #5. Quite simply… INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- And on the same day, this time in the “Most Wishes For” in Marilyn section, the paperback version was seen in the #2 position… wow!!
(19) Canada – Incredible! Amazon Canada, in the Marilyn Best Sellers list, Keith’s The Final Years was spotted in 3 different charts; the hardcover at #1, kindle at #2 and in the “most Wished For” section of the site, the softback edition was seen at #2. All 3 versions in the chart, on the same day. Amazing!!
- The finish of the Cavern book text? Was it completed today, we wonder?
(17) Canada – It gets better! Marilyn raced back to #1, but this time in the Kindle “Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” section of Amazon Canada. Wow! Also today, the ebook version of Keith’s book was spotted at #4 in the “Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Biographies” and at #24 in the “Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Entertainers” sections of the site. Also, The Kindle and hardback versions respectively were seen at Nos 1 and 4, in the “Best Sellers in Monroe, Marilyn” chart, on the very SAME day!!
- And it did not end there! On Amazon in the UK, Keith’s book with Hunter Davies, The Beatles Book, became the “#1 Best Seller in Beatles” on the site!! “Can you believe that??!!” (Incredible, considering the official release date of the book, 1 September 1 2016, was still two weeks away.)
(15) Leafy Berkshire / UK – Hunter Davies’ The Beatles Book, co-written with Keith, due to impressive advance orders, it was spotted at #3 in the “Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Reference” #3 in the “Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Rock & Pop > Singers & Groups > Beatles,” and at #23 in the “Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Rock & Pop > Songbooks & Lyrics” listings in the Bestseller Ranks on Amazon.co.uk.
- Meanwhile in Canada, the hardcover Marilyn raced back to the No.1 position in the “Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” and “Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Biographies” listings and the #2 spot in the “Humour & Entertainment > Movies > History & Criticism” sections on Amazon Canada. “Thank you!”
(9) Canada – A return to the TOP SPOT, yes NUMBER ONE of the hardback edition of Marilyn in the “Best Sellers in Monroe, Marilyn” section on Amazon Canada. Also #6 in the “Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Biographies” and #7 in the “Humour & Entertainment > Movies > History & Criticism sections on the site.
- Interesting, lengthy Cavern club-related phone discussion with the venue’s current co-owner, Dave Jones.
(8) Leafy Berkshire – Further research / typing of the Cavern text. “Much of the information presented here has never been in print before,” Keith declared.
- UK – A mighty big thank you to “Mr M. Kostyrkaon” for his 5-out-of-5 review of Marilyn (Kindle Edition) on Amazon.co. uk. “I think this is the book that throws light on what really was the cause of Marilyn's death,” he said, “and throws considerable doubt on the various conspiracy theories going about… this book convincingly explains the situation and surrounding problems she had to cope with at the end.” He ends by saying, “Best book I've read on Marilyn.” Thank you, Mr M. Kostyrkaon very much indeed.
(5) Windsor – Another trip out to Eton to meet and discuss things with photographer extraordinaire, Mike Randolph. (1:30pm start.)
(1/2)Leafy Berkshire - Record Collector deadline day comes round again. This month, the start of a 4-part look back at the largely forgotten 1970s ITV / Tyne Tees TV series, The Geordie Scene.
Also (on the 2) – Keith wrapped another version of the Cavern club book text. It was sent for approval immediately afterwards. A June 2017 release still looks on the cards, as they say.