(28) Sunny Berkshire – Even more discussions about the potential new “alternate” movie idea, this time the focus was on lucrative sponsorship for it…
- Yet another most favorable house viewing… “and they keep on coming!
(27) Sunny Berkshire – Keith had a rather enjoyable, afternoon tea catch-up with two, long old-time friends, Inge and Ramon.
(February 25 thru to March 1) America / The World – A big announcement took place when it was officially revealed that… the new two-hour Queen / Adam Lambert documentary, The Show Must Go On: The Queen and Adam Lambert Story, which Keith has been doing research on, will premiere on ABC TV in America on April 29 between 8 and 10pm EST. "How wonderfully exciting."
- The press release for the show, produced by Simon Lupton and Jim Beach was picked up (over several days) by many noted news outlets, including Rolling Stone, Broadway World, practically every major news outlet and (naturally) Disney/ ABC.
(23) Berkshire – Potential house buyers keep on coming… with even more viewings.
(21) USA – Peter Tork, one of the fabulous Monkees, passed away in his sleep. He was 77. “I love that band so much. Alongside my parents and The Beatles, they are my life’s biggest influences. Without any doubts… Thank you, Peter for so many, many happy memories. RIP….I still chuckle at our most humorous encounter, involving a pen, in Reading back in 1989.”
- More lengthy phone discussions about the “alternate” movie idea.
-Berkshire – Yet another house viewing… “another second look, no less.”
(20) Jersey / twinned with Berkshire – Another lengthy movie-related catch-up with Peter O…
- Another archive research invoice typed and submitted.
(19) Mild Berkshire – An offer was received for Keith to rejoin the mighty Rock Gods, Queen team for the Second Phase of their latest documentary. He, of course most happily accepted.
- Another house viewing at Chez Badman… and another offer was duly received.
(18) Overcast Berkshire – Another viewing… a second look, no less.
(17) Slightly Overcast Berkshire – Yet another house ‘Open Day’ took place at Chez Badman.
(15) Berkshire/ twinned with the UK and America – Further, highly exciting developments took place in the new Marilyn project. An official announcement about it will take place shortly.
- That afternoon, in Eton, Windsor, Keith caught up with his long-time friend, the famed 60s/70s photographer, Mike Randolph.
(14) USA / Twinned with Berkshire – Another American call… Keith had the honor of chatting with another top, US collector/ researcher/ historian, this time his long-time mate, the famous John McEwen. “Super talking to you. Best of luck with the projects.”
(12) Berkshire – Keith’s mother, the wonderful, Kathleen celebrated her 94th birthday. “So many thanks to EVERYONE who accepted the invite and turned-up to celebrate my dear Mum’s big day. Thank you all and to the staff who made this day so very, very special.”
(13/14) UK – One of Keith’s great heroes, the legendary goalkeeper, Gordon Banks sadly passed away. Besides being remembered for “that save,” he was also a truly lovely man and will be missed by everyone… RIP Gordon.
(8) Berkshire – The sheer depth of Pledge Music’s plight was revealed in a discussion with top designer, Paul Skellart this morning
(7) Berkshire – The new book, Look Wat You Dun, arrived at Keith’s house. The publication, which Keith supplied a few bits of info for, focuses on the UK/ European 1970s TV appearances by some of the UK’s greatest Glam Acts of the decade. “Thank you, Pete, a superb book. Well done.” (Foreword by Dee Dee of Pan’s People, no less.)
- Later that night, a long overdue catch-up with two of Keith’s old mates, two musicians, Dan W and Mark S took place at Chez Badman. The word “Beatles” was muttered on more than one occasion…
(6) USA / Twinned with the UK – Keith had to honor of chatting with the well-respected, American Beatles / classic music historian, Matt Hurwitz. “Pleasure talking to you, Matt. Pleased I could help you.”
- UK/ Spain – Dear me. Shocking news crept out that the company, Pledge Music, who helped raise funds for Keith/ Mike and Paul’s Circus ’68 book, had crashed… owing companies, individuals and punters alike… thousands!!