MAJOR NEWS: In November 2022, as part of the wonderful ROGAN PRODUCTIONS team, Keith won an INTERNATIONAL EMMY, and ROSE d' OR, award for the OFFICIAL documentary, FREDDIE MERCURY: THE FINAL ACT, so proud...BREAKING NEWS! 05/02/20 - Marilyn TV drama series, based on Keith's definitive biography, The Final Years, major new development, Seven Seas Films (in the UK) have teamed up with 101 Studios in Los Angeles... The production will be the very first to be endorsed by the Marilyn Monroe Estate... More news soon, Watch this space!!...
Thursday 21 January 2016
(30) UK – Thanks to “Mrs. C” for her rather nice, four-star review of Marilyn (Kindle version) on Amazon.co.uk “Interesting information,” she said, “…This one rings mostly true to me.” Thank you!
- Liverpool Convention, Adelphi Hotel – Keith presented the video-show at Europe’s biggest Beatles fan get-together and also partook in the obligatory “Eggheads” competition. After much banter, and frivolity, his team, “The Badman” beat Billy Heckle’s by 13-12. It now stands 1-1. The decider will take place at next year’s convention. The question-master was the highly-respected author and Beatles historian, David Bedford, whose questions were HARD… to say the least!!
- Then. at approximately, 2:11, In the early hours of Monday, August 30, in one of the concert rooms in the basement of the Adelphi, in recognition of his services at the convention, Cavern City Tours inducted Keith into the Beatleweek Hall of Fame. Amidst applause and flashing lightbulbs, he was dragged onstage to collect an award and was speechless. “Thanks to all at CCT,” he said. “This really means a lot to me. Thank you all.”
(29) Slough twinned with Liverpool – Keith headed-off to Beatle-Land for the big annual, Fab Four Convention.
(27) Leafy Berkshire – Top US record dealer, and mega Beatles fan, Bob Boyer arrived at Chez Badman to begin four days of Fab Four mania.
(26) Canada – Marilyn book update… the paperback edition was spotted at #31 in the “Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” and at #371 in the “Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Biographies” sections on Amazon Canada. While in the “Most Gifted in Monroe, Marilyn” area of the site, the softback version was seen at #12 and the hardback four places below at #16.
(20) Leafy Berkshire – Keith wrote a most favourable review of the superb, new Billy Fury DVD, The Sound and the Fury for Record Collector magazine.
(19) Leafy Berkshire – RC deadline-day again. This month, a tribute to Cilla Black and her appearance on the 1965 Granada TV special, The Music of Lennon & McCartney.
(15) Leafy Berkshire – With the influx of American visitors about to descend on Chez Badman, Keith carried-out further decorating work on his property.
(14) Windsor – 1:30pm. Another Stones Circus ’68-related meeting with the legendary 60s/70s snapper, Mike Randolph.
(13) Leafy Berkshire – Our Mr Badman paid another visit to the palatial home of Max and Eileen Quarterman. “Thank you both again for making me more than welcome.”
(11) Leafy Berkshire – Keith completed work on the video show for this year’s Beatles Convention in Liverpool, which is due to take place in just over two weeks’ time.
(4) London – Visit to the London studio of Chris Difford (Squeeze) with Tel, Chappers and legendary DJ, Dave Cash to begin work on the first phase on their new, Pirate Radio documentary.
(3) Leafy Berkshire – Phenomenally busy day, which included conversations with the legendary DJ, Dave Cash and frenzied, archive research/ negotiations on the (almost completed) David Essex Story. Emails from the great man himself peppered the activities.
-For a few short hours this morning, the softback edition of Keith’s Marilyn was still in the top-spot in the “Most Wished For in Monroe, Marilyn” section on Amazon Canada. It fell to #4 shortly after.
(2) Cilla – The great British singer, Cilla Black sadly passed away at her home in Spain. Keith had the fortune to meet her, briefly back in 1997, during the making of the five-part, Granada/ Channel 4 series, The Brit Girls. “Thanks, Chuck for making me welcome that day,” Keith said. “I’m pleased I found that long-lost (Thank Your Lucky Stars) 1963 clip for you.”
() Canada / Italy – Incredible start to the month when Keith’s Marilyn (paperback edition) raced back to the #1 in the “Most Wished For in Monroe, Marilyn” section on Amazon Canada, knocking J. Randy Taraborrelli’s The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe into second position. While, on the same day, in the same chart, the Kindle version of it was at #11! Meanwhile, over on Amazon Italy, the kindle version of Keith’s tome was to be found at n.106 in the “Arte, cinema e fotografia > Cinema e television” section of the site.