BREAKING NEWS! 05/02/20 - Marilyn TV drama series, based on Keith's definitive biography, The Final Years, major new development, Seven Seas Films (in the UK) have teamed up with 101 Studios in Los Angeles... The production will be the very first to be endorsed by the Marilyn Monroe Estate... More news soon, Watch this space!!...
Thursday, 21 January 2016
(29) Leafy Berkshire –full-speed ahead now on the new History of the Cavern book, which is set for release in December 2016.
- Meanwhile, a big thank you to Mr. Nigel Quiney who posted a rather nice review of Marilyn (kindle version) on Amazon.co.uk. He wrote, “I didn't think that there was much left to say about Marilyn but amazingly Keith Badman's book was illuminating and well worth the read. Congratulations.” Thanking you, kid Sir!
(28) South London – Another trip into South London, for a meet with Tel and producer, Mike Chappers. Top of the agenda, The Pirate Radio documentary with Dave Cash.
(23) Canada – Well I never… the paperback version of Marilyn climbed to the #2 position in the “Most Wished For in Monroe, Marilyn” and #5 in the “Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( M ) > Monroe, Marilyn” sections of Amazon Canada. Phew!
-Meanwhile, it’s all systems go. Work on the forthcoming, officially endorsed Cavern club book properly began today.
(21) Canada – A rather pleasant leap up to the #3 position for the paperback Marilyn in the Amazon “Best Sellers in Monroe, Marilyn” section on Amazon Canada. While on the same day, the book was also to be found at #49 in the “Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Biographies” and at #316 in the “Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Entertainers” sections of the site.
(18) Leafy Berkshire / London – A major breakthrough with ITV re copyright ownership of the Dave Cash Radio Programme. Watch this (rather exciting) space.
(15) Central London – With the Stones’ Circus 1968 idea top-of-the-agenda, Keith headed back into London to attend a meeting with Simon and Paul of the superb UK design company, Archivum uk. A truly superb glossy, limited edition, hardback book about the making of The Beatles’ 1965 film, Help! has just been released by the pair. With director, Alan G. Parker also present, it turned into a rather eventful day, especially when spectacular, rather promising news reached the quartet about the on-going David Essex movie. (A release in January 2016 for it now seems rather likely.)
(14) Leafy Berkshire – The day was spent fine-tuning items in readiness for the big, highly important meeting in London tomorrow.
(11) UK – A rise of one place. Oh yes! Keith climbs to the no.10 position in the “Most Popular People Born in Slough” listing on Amazon.co.uk.
(10) Leafy Berkshire – A return trip to Windsor to meet and discuss the on-going Rock And Roll Circus project with super-snapper, Mike Randolph.
(9) UK– The latest edition of Record Collector magazine, featuring Keith’s write-up on Ringo’s 1973 appearance on Russell Harty Plus flew thru the letterboxes of subscribers across the country.
(5) BBC Four – Another repeat screening of the two-part, 2011 Award-nominated documentary, Queen: Days of their Lives, which featured Keith’s archive research. Once more, high viewing figures were there to watch it.
(4) UK – Hey. Get this. Keith was to be found at the no.11 position in the “Most Popular People Born in Slough” category on Amazon.co.uk.