Tuesday, 24 July 2012
(28) Talk Radio Europe, Spain – Keith made another live guest appearance this morning on the highly-respected, Talk Radio Europe, this time the Selina MacKenzie Show. The topic of conversation was, unsurprisingly, his book on Marilyn Monroe.
(18) America – Top Barnes & Noble biography & memoir critic, Edward, chose Marilyn Monroe: The Final Years as one of his Top 10 books for the month in his on-line column, Edward’s Picks.
Meanwhile, one day after its release, the two editions of Keith’s book reach the Top 20. In the Amazon.com Marilyn book charts, the hardback edition of Marilyn Monroe: The Final Years reaches No.8, while its kindle counterpart, No.11. (How incredibly impressive!)
(17) America (national) – With great pride, Keith’s book, Marilyn Monroe: The Final Years was released across America (and selected parts of the Globe) by Thomas Dunne Books (New York)in both hardback and Kindle editions. (As Keith quite proudly said, “What an immense, immense honour this is!”)
(16) Record Collector, London – Keith’s tribute to the late Bee Gee, Robin Gibb was published in the latest edition of Record Collector magazine, as part of his regular monthly feature, Rockin’ The Box.
(15) America – As the release in the States of Keith’s Marilyn book edges ever nearer, it was revealed that the publication has reached the dignified No.5 position in the “Best Sellers in Marilyn Monroe Biographies” section on Amazon.com.
(11/12) Berkshire, England – Keith updated his Linkedin page, when the experience, projects and books published sections were brought right up-to-date.
(10) Berkshire, England – Keith concluded work on the latest Queen-related project; the DVD/ Blu-ray release, Queen Live in Budapest ‘86, in particular the set’s bonus feature, Hungarian Rhapsody. Interestingly, in a press-release issued on June 27, it was announced that the main feature (in association with Sony Digital Cinema and More2Screen) will be released to selected cinemas Worldwide from 20th September 2012.
(9) America – Eight days before its official release, Marilyn Monroe: The Final Years reached the No.9 position in Marilyn biographies section on Amazon.com.
(6) Berkshire, England – Keith (quite proudly) conducted an interview with Sylvia Gong, Senior Editor of the full colour, glossy, general newspaper and fashion magazine, The Chinese Weekly, the most popular print media of the elite and middle class in big and medium cities in China. The first and only of its kind in China, the publication boasts a circulation of 1.5 million and a nationwide readership of 1.99 million. Naturally, the piece focused on Marilyn Monroe, the Chinese-language version of Keith’s book and the upcoming 50th Anniversary of the actress’s death.
(5) Italy – Just one day after its release, Keith’s book reaches the lofty No.5 position in the “Bestseller in Cinema e Television” section on Amazon.it.
(4) Italy – The Italian-language version of Keith’s book, Gli ultimi giorni di Marilyn Monroe: Le relazioni pericolose, le trappole, il presunto suicidio: tutta la verità sulla fine (The Last Days of Marilyn Monroe: Dangerous Liasons, Traps, The Presumed Suicide, The Whole Truth about the End) is released by Rizzoli as a Kindle edition. (The hardback edition is set for worldwide release on August 5, precisely 50 years to day that the world learnt of Marilyn’s tragic passing.)
While in England, Keith completes his definitive article on the 50th Anniversary of Granada TV filming a Beatles lunchtime performance at the Cavern Club in Liverpool, the first professional footage of the band ever caught on celluloid. (It will appear in the September 2012 issue of Record Collector magazine.)