(28) London, West End, England – Drinks, chats and a catch-up with three notables in the pop/rock publishing world; Doug Hinman (the world’s leading Kinks historian), Andy Neill (Faces biographer) and Johnny Rogan (Byrds author). Earlier in the day, paperback copies of Keith’s Marilyn book were spotted in the “Highlights – New Releases” section in the prestigious Foyles bookstore on Charing Cross Road.
(27) USA/ Berkshire, England – For inclusion in the forthcoming, 50th Anniversary of Marilyn’s passing, special edition of the newspaper, Keith was interviewed by Craig Wilson of USA Today. If all goes to plan, his quotes and the publication, Marilyn Monroe: The Final Years will feature in the paper’s round-up of the very best new Marilyn books. (How incredible is that?)
(20) London, England – Meeting in London with Keith’s long-time friend and Monty Python / Status Quo documentary director, Alan G. Parker. A number of collaborations were discussed. Watch this space!
(19) WPRK Radio, Florida, USA – Precisely one week later, Brent discusses his recent meet with Keith and plugs the Marilyn book on his latest Magic Transistor Radio show. (Thanks Brent. You’re a top, top chap and a star!)
(12) Bloomsbury, London – Lunch meeting with Brent Kubasta, host of the weekly archive music radio show, Magic Transistor Radio, on the Rollins station, WPRK, Florida. As they munched our way through our most exquisite Indian meal, all manner of topics were discussed, namely Marilyn Monroe, The Beatles and, of course, our beloved Beach Boys.
(14) Rhythm Factory, London – Keith was in attendance at the launch of the new Mike Chapman produced & directed, Chords DVD, What Became of the People? A performance by the group themselves rounded off a truly top evening! Prior to that, Keith was a guest on a live BBC Radio phone-in, to discuss the preserving of 9 Madryn Street, Toxteth, Liverpool the former home of ex-Beatle, Ringo Starr. A playing of The Fabs’ ‘We Can Work It Out’ wrapped the short piece.
(8) Brazil – Further promotions for Marilyn book: Keith conducted an on-line interview with Rogerio Borges of the highly respected Brazilian newspaper, O Popular.
(7) America – Promotions for Marilyn Monroe: The Final Years continue in the States, prompting advance sales of the sales. Today in the Marilyn biographies/ memoirs section on Amazon.com, Keith’s book reaches the No.10 position.
Promotions, plugs and (mostly favourable) reviews about the book continue to appear across the globe; the most recent being in the top, highly-respected US Fashion magazines, Elle and Vanity Fair and by the Mexican journalist & columnist, Luis Felipe Soares, who covered it in an impressive Portuguese piece entitled, ‘Ultimos anos da Loira: Livro traz novas revelacoes sobre a agitada vida pessoal de Marilyn Monroe’ ('Recent years of blonde: Book brings new revelations about the hectic life of Marilyn Monroe'). Stylish and Grazia were two other publications who expressed an interest in the publication. (The piece in the latter is set for inclusion in the 31 July – 6 August issue.)