(31) Sunny Berkshire – With excitement about the Marilyn project still ringing in his ears, Keith completed and sent in his latest Rockin' The Box piece; Elton John in 1975.
- A swift visit to (would you believe) Twitter permeated the afternoon… a long overdue return to the site looms…
- While over in Canada, Marilyn (paperback version) suddenly climbed up to the #4 position in the “Most Wished For in Monroe, Marilyn” listing on Amazon Canada.
(30) South East, England – Big news, big news! – At last… preliminary stages of the rather exciting Marilyn project became altogether certain today. “So excited. Cannot emphasise that enough,” Keith gushed.
- Windsor, Berkshire – A long overdue, afternoon, drinks and patisserie catch-up with another long-time pal, the famed photographer, Mike Randolph.
(29) – Overcast / wet Berkshire – Via a chat with friend / associate / financier, Peter, Keith learnt of a major breakthrough in the proposed new Beatles-related, big-screen film…
- Canada – Marilyn’s still there! Keith’s book was seen at #17 and #30 (kindle and softback respectively) in the “Best Sellers in Monroe, Marilyn” charts on Amazon Canada.
- Berkshire – Start of another RC Rockin’ The Box article, this month, Elton John’s October 1975 performance at Dodgers Stadium, as featured on the LWT show, Russell Harty.
(26) Canada – Amazing! Keith’s Marilyn was to be found at #7 and #18 (kindle and softback respectively) in the “Best Sellers In Monroe, Marilyn” section on Amazon Canada.
(24) Sunny Berkshire – Further preliminary work on the new Queen project…most interesting discussions were held today with notables in the music archive industry world. “Thanks Nick and David for your time and info. Much appreciated.”
- Following on from the above, (via email) Keith heard from a most valuable person / contributor to the 1979 Concert For Kampuchea shows…
- Almighty catch-up with long-time mate, Mike D.
(22) Sunny Berkshire – More discussions (via phone) took place today about the proposed John Lennon and Brian Jones movie ideas.
- More work / deliveries on/ for the Chez Badman renovations.
(21) Berkshire twinned with Canada – On the day Keith emptied a great part of his house, his Marilyn suddenly climbed back to the #2 position in the “Best Sellers in Monroe, Marilyn” section on Amazon Canada.
(14-18) Sunny/ Warm Berkshire – House renovations at Chez Badman was the main course of actions during most of the week, with visits to a certain well-known D-I-Y chain…
- (17) USA – Goldimine magazine published a most wonderful, 5 out of 5 review of the movie, It Was Fifty Years Ago Today… In part, it read, “This film was not officially sanctioned by The Beatles or Apple, and therefore no Beatles music was included. But don't let that put you off, Instead it offers interviews with many people who were in the Beatles inner circle and also famous Beatle biographers. They all have some great insider stories and details to share…
Another plus is all of the rare historical footage of The Beatles that you don’t often see in “official” documentaries. What Ron Howard missed Alan G Parker delivers on. The film starts in August 1966 giving the background of why The Beatles stopped touring which led to their unlimited time in the recording studio…. The interviews are very intelligent and interesting. For Beatles fans who like to get their hands on rare footage and interviews of The Beatles, then this DVD is for you... “
Keith's take on this? "Wow! Thank you Goldmine, we love you.”
(11) Central London – A most monumental day in the Marilyn journey when (at 2pm) Keith met his second agent, Yasmin and a lawyer to sign some, rather important papers. A major studio production was also now on bound in this highly exciting project … “Immense pleasure about this was shared by all…”
(9) Windsor, Berkshire / North London – In readiness for Friday’s meeting, Keith had a hair tidy-up and then (after being an extra in a new mystery film, being shot at Slough train station) he travelled to North London to meet friends, Mark and Anthony and attend the 7:30 “Evening With The Rutles” concert at The Garage in North London. (Being in the area he just had to, of course, pop round to the Emirates Stadium again to soak up the most welcome, truly delightful atmosphere.)
(8) Berkshire / Central London – A flurry of emails re Marilyn project and fine details were confirmed… and a meet-up with Keith’s other agent, Yasmin was confirmed for this coming Friday at 2pm… “We’re getting there.”
(6) London/ Berkshire – A major breakthrough on Marilyn… when (via email conformation from Keith’s agent) ongoing queries were agreed upon…
(5) Langley, Berkshire – Keith attended the birthday celebrations for another long-time friend, Dave C.
(3) Sunny… yet chilly Berkshire – More Marilyn-project related discussions overtook most of the day.
(2) Sunny Berkshire - A day of carpet lifting… and Brian Jones project discussions. What a combination.